Gameboy Color Screen FunnyPlaying Retro Pixel IPS Laminated Q5 v2.0
This revision of the awesome Retro Pixel GBC screen just got even better! The 2.0 revision is the same screen as the V1.0 but with some added features;
1. Added logo backlight display and color change
2. Laminated lens which comes pre stuck to the screen. (No extra glass lens purchase)
3. Adjust the position of the image post installation.
The same features of the V1.0 are retained.
The screen display area is 25% larger than the original. This Q5 IPS screen will enhance your enjoyment of this popular handheld. Utilising the same 5 awesome built in retro display effects as the DMG and GBP screens, this allows you total control over the pixels shown during gameplay.
To install this kit there is basic soldering required.
What is included;
1 x IPS LCD Screen
1 x ribbon cable (FunnyPlaying)
1 x Laminated lens
1 x 3M fixing pad
1 x acrylic LCD fixing strip
3 x wires
1 x touch ribbon cable
Whats not included;
Tape to prevent possible shorts. We recommend Kapton tape.
1. The original power management of the GBC motherboard is very inefficient. This ribbon bypasses the inefficient power management and has its own within the ribbon. This means that a power cord needs to be soldered from the third pin down from the switch to the ribbon.
2. Shell modification to fit the laminated lens is not recommended. Instead you can purchase a FunnyPlaying GBC shell which has been moulded to fit here.
3. The original GBC display is 43 x 41mm. This display is 49.5 x 44.5mm. A lens is not required as one is laminated as part of the screen.
4. The start and select buttons control the brightness and retro pixel modes.
Start and touch = increase brightness
Select and touch = decrease brightness
Start and select together = change the retro pixel display
Long Press = enter the function menu
5. Please test your screen before adhering to the 3M sticky pad as once stuck down it will not remove without damaging the screen.
6. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts. We also highly recommend insulating the PCB with Kapton tape as any contact with the PCB could prevent the screen from working correctly.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.