Also check out the new "2.5D kit" with curved/bevelled edge on the glass laminated lens.
The Game Boy Color v2 revision has some awesome added features;
1. Added logo backlight display and color change
2. Laminated lens which comes pre stuck to the screen. (No extra glass lens required)
3. Adjust the position of the image post installation.
The same features of the V1.0 are retained.
Take your retro modding hobby to the next level with this screen kit. The screen display area is 25% larger than the original. This Q5 IPS screen utilises the same 5 awesome built in retro display effects as the DMG and GBP retro pixel screens, this allows you total control over the pixels shown during gameplay.
To install this kit there is basic soldering required.
What is included;
1 x IPS LCD Screen
1 x ribbon cable (FunnyPlaying)
1 x Laminated lens
1 x 3M fixing pad
1 x acrylic LCD fixing strip
3 x wires
1 x touch ribbon cable (either seperate or part of the ribbon)
Whats not included;
Tape to prevent possible shorts. We recommend Kapton tape.
1. The original power management of the GBC motherboard is very inefficient. This ribbon bypasses the inefficient power management and has its own within the ribbon. This means that a power cord needs to be soldered from the third pin down from the switch to the ribbon.
2. Shell modification to fit the laminated lens is not recommended. Instead you can purchase a FunnyPlaying GBC shell which has been specially moulded to fit.
3. The original GBC display is 43 x 41mm. This display is 49.5 x 44.5mm. A lens is not required as one is laminated as part of the screen.
4. The start and select buttons control the brightness and retro pixel modes.
Start and touch = increase brightness
Select and touch = decrease brightness
Start and select together = change the retro pixel display
Long Press = enter the function menu
5. Please test your screen kit for faults before installation. Any issues are to be reported before installing inside a shell or adhering to gasket. A photo or video will be required for any warranty claims. Check out this easy to follow article on How To Test the GBC Screen Before Installation.
6. Note that once the screen is stuck down it will not remove without damaging the screen or the ribbon.
7. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts. We also highly recommend insulating the PCB with Kapton tape as any contact with the PCB could prevent the screen from working correctly.
8. There are 2 versions of the ribbon in stock. It is entirely random which one you will receive. Both work exactly the same. The only difference is that the touch sensor is seperate or part of the ribbon. See picture below of the ribbon with touch sensor included.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.