Gameboy Color Screen - FunnyPlaying Retro Pixel IPS Q5 LCD
The screen display area is 25% larger than the original. This Q5 IPS screen will enhance your enjoyment of this popular handheld. Utilising the same 5 awesome built in retro display effects as the DMG and GBP screens, this allows you total control over the pixels shown during gameplay.
To install this kit there is basic soldering required. The larger screen also requires some shell modification to account for the larger viewing window.
What is included;
1 x IPS LCD Screen
1 x ribbon cable (FunnyPlaying)
1 x 3M fixing pad
1 x foam pad
3 x wires
1 x touch ribbon cable
Whats not included;
Larger size glass lens. These can be purchased here.
Tape to prevent possible shorts. We recommend Kapton tape.
1. The original power management of the GBC motherboard is very inefficient. This ribbon bypasses the inefficient power management and has its own within the ribbon. This means that a power cord needs to be soldered from the third pin down from the switch to the ribbon.
2. Some shell modification is required to allow the IPS screen to fit. There are currently no Retro Pixel IPS ready GBC shells on the market. If you would like us to pre trim a standard shell for you please let us know when you place your order. The cost for this is US$10 or AU$15.
3. The original GBC display is 43 x 41mm. This display is 49.5 x 44.5mm.
4. The start and select buttons control the brightness and retro pixel modes.
Start and touch = increase brightness
Select and touch = decrease brightness
Start and select together = change the retro pixel display
5. Please test your screen before adhering to the 3M sticky pad as once stuck down it will not remove without damaging the screen.
6. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts. We also highly recommend insulating the PCB with Kapton tape as any contact with the PCB could prevent the screen from working correctly.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.