GBA Screen and Ribbon Kit - IPS LCD V2
Regular price $74.00
IPS screen V2 for the GameBoy Advance (GBA)
No soldering required!
Perfect upgrade for your GBA! Install this IPS screen to enhance your enjoyment of the popular Nintendo handheld. See for yourself the enhanced brightness, colour and clarity.
The V2 model removes the screen tearing of the V1 model.
To install this kit there is no soldering required. Screen is plug and play. Pair with an IPS ready GBA shell from here to make the install even simpler.
Compatible with both 32 pin and 40 pin GBA motherboards.
What is included;
- 1 x IPS LCD Screen
- 1 x ribbon cable (FunnyPlaying V2)
- 1 x 3M fixing pad
- 3 x wires for brightness control
Whats not included;
- 1 x IPS glass lens. Pick your lens colour here.
1. 10 levels of brightness are available with the soldering of 3 wires. IPS screen will still function normally without these wires if you choose not to install them.
2. Shell modification is required if you do not use a IPS ready moulded shell.
3. The 3M gasket included with the screen is only suitable for the FunnyPlaying shells. If you choose to use a RetroSix or other shell and would like to stick the screen down (after testing) check out Perth_Retro_Gaming ''How to'' GBA series on YouTube.
3. A bigger lens viewing hole than standard is required to accommodate the IPS panel larger screen size. The IPS shells have this included. A OEM shell will need trimming. A IPS glass lens ill also be needed.
4. Please test your screen kit for faults before adhering to the 3M sticky tape. Any issues are to be reported before sticking down. Once stuck down it will not remove without damaging the screen or the ribbon.
5. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts.