Game Boy DMG Screen - Retro Pixel IPS
Regular price $82.00
A perfect upgrade for your ageing DMG display!
Install a Retro Pixel IPS Q5 screen to enhance your enjoyment of this ever popular Nintendo handheld. The screen is 11% larger than the original.
In retro pixel mode the screen perfectly mimics the spacing between the pixels to show almost the same picture as the original. Alternatively, click the wheel to swap to IPS mode for the ultimate cleaner, crisper look.
What is included;
- 1 x IPS LCD Screen with 36 different color pallets built in
- 1 x ribbon cable (FunnyPlaying)
- 1 x 3M fixing pad
- 1 x foam pad
- 1 x DMG front motherboard
- 1 x DMG motherboard cable
What is not included;
- Screen bracket. This helps to perfectly align the screen in the shell and can be purchased here.
- Speaker. Replacement speakers are sold here; FunnyPlaying Clean Speaker, RetroSix Amp and Speaker, Standard 1W speaker.
1. A speaker is not included with this kit. The original should be used from the donor motherboard or take this opportunity to upgrade the speaker and amp. See the list above to purchase
2. This screen is 11% larger than an original DMG screen and therefore to get the full benefit requires a lens with a larger viewing window, here. However, an original lens will show the full display. Here
3. A DMG shell will need a small modification to allow for this screen to fit in. If you would like us to do that please place your order as normal and then email us your request along with your order number. Shell trimming is AU$15 and will be added to your order.
4. Please test your screen before adhering to the 3M sticky pad as once stuck down it will not remove without damaging the screen.
5. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts.
6. Power consumption of the screen/ribbon is between 0.3w and 0.8w, v's 0.7w from the original. Add a CleanJuice rechargeable USB-C battery to your build.
7. Cleaning the power and volume switches greatly reduces the noise floor of the motherboard.