Install a Retro Pixel IPS Q5 screen to enhance your enjoyment of this ever popular Nintendo handheld. The screen is 11% larger than the original.
In retro pixel mode the screen perfectly mimics the spacing between the pixels to show almost the same picture as the original. Alternatively, click the wheel to swap to IPS mode for the ultimate cleaner, crisper look.
What is included;
1 x IPS LCD Screen with 36 different color pallets built in
1 x ribbon cable (FunnyPlaying)
1 x 3M fixing pad
1 x foam pad
1 x DMG front motherboard
1 x DMG motherboard cable
What is not included;
Screen bracket. This helps to perfectly align the screen in the shell and saves a lot of time during install.
Retro Pixel Glass Lens- As the screen is slightly larger than original it is recommended to use the larger Retro Pixel lenses.
1. A speaker is not included with this kit. The original should be used from the donor motherboard or take this opportunity to upgrade the speaker and amp. See the list above to purchase
2. A DMG shell will need a small modification to allow for this screen to fit in. If you would like us to do that please place your order as normal and then email us your request along with your order number. Shell trimming is AU$15 and will be added to your order. Alternatively, check the written guide here https://funnyplaying.com/blogs/gameboy-advance-news/dng-retro-pixel-ips-lcd-kit-install-tutorial
3. Please test your screen kit for faults before installation, photo or video will be required for potential warranty claims. Any issues are to be reported before installing inside a shell or adhering to gasket. Once stuck down it will not remove without damaging the screen or the ribbon.
4. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts.
5. Power consumption of the screen/ribbon is between 0.3w and 0.8w, v's 0.7w from the original. Add a CleanJuice rechargeable USB-C battery to your build.
6. Cleaning the power and volume switches greatly reduces the noise floor of the motherboard.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.